20.8.09

Raspberries with sour creme custard

Berry Heaven. I love it when berries are on sale at the store for super cheap. I can't help by buy up more than I can eat. Then I face the challenge of what do to (other than just throw them in the freezer and use them to bake in the winter). There is always breakfast with yogurt. Or a tart. But what else? I remembered my aunt once made me a nectarine and blackberry pie with slightly sweetened sour cream instead of whipped cream. I loved the extra depth of flavor the sour cream added to the berries. So, here's my attempt at a variation on a theme.


Ingredients:
8-10 oz raspberries
1/3 cup sour cream

1 egg yoke
2 tablespoons honey

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450F.
Spread the berries evenly between 4 3-inch ramekins.
Mix together the sour cream, yoke, and honey until smooth.
Poor over top of the raspberries.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until the custard begins to delicately brown.
Serve warm.


No comments: